Verve Hosting has CSF firewall installed on each server. The firewall is configured to block an IP address under the following conditions:
- 10 ftp login failures
- 5 ssh login failures
- 5 cPanel/webmail login failures
- Over 300 open connections during a 30 second time span
- 10 pop server login failure
- 10 smtp server login failures
If your IP address becomes blocked by the server, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking us to remove the block.
If you are repeatedly prompted for a username/password when trying to login to any service, don’t continue trying, otherwise the firewall will block your IP address.
If you have problems logging into cpanel, login to the client area at https://cms.vervehosting.com/clientarea.php and reset your cpanel password. After you login follow these steps:
1. Click the “My Products and Services” link on the main menu.
2. Click the small box with the green arrow that’s on the right hand side of the screen.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the screen. You should see the original cPanel username and password and an option to change the password.
4. Enter the new password and submit it. Make sure the new password uses a combination of numbers, lower case and upper case letters.
In most cases the cpanel, ftp, and ssh share the same username and password.
If you need to reset an email password you can do that in your cpanel, under the “add/remove email accounts’ function in the Email Management section of the cpanel.